A homemade (and healthy) halloween treat for you & the fam:
Matcha white chocolate with vanilla bean paste & Vietnamese cinnamon.
💚 👻 💚
This healthy sweet treat recipe is intended for you to pass out to trick-or-treaters this Halloween, or for you to simply enjoy yourself! The bright neon green color of the matcha in this chocolate recipe seems perfectly ghostly and ghoulish, as flavors of mesquite honey, vanilla bean, and rich cinnamon blend perfectly together.
Check out this ghostly green, creamy and healthy sweet treat recipe below.
Here is what you'll need from us.
Things you will need:
- 2 tsp. Matcha
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 Tbsp. Mesquite Honey
- 1 tsp. Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup macadamia butter
- 2 packed Tbsp. dried nonfat milk
- tiny pinch of salt
Here is how you make it.
It's pretty easy. Just...
- In a small bowl whisk together Matcha, dried milk, Vietnamese Cinnamon and salt. Set aside for later.
- Fill the bottom portion of a double boiler with 2-3 inches of water (a glass bowl works best). Place over stove and set to medium heat.
- While the water heats up, add the nut butter, cacao butter, and Vanilla Bean Paste into the double boiler insert. When the water starts to simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low until melted. Remove from stove.
- Continue stirring until mixture reaches 90 degrees. At this stage the temperature is low enough to still have the benefits of using raw & unfiltered honey! This also tempers the chocolate, which is what allows it to remain solid and crisp at room temperature. Go ahead and stir in your Mesquite Honey, making sure to not let a lot of air into the mix.
- Slowly whisk the dried ingredients mixture you made at the beginning into your bowl.
- Once your mixture is nice and smooth transfer your chocolate into any mold you want! Let harden completely at room temperature.
GOT A SWEET TOOTH? TRY THESE DESSERT TEAS