Light & Fluffy
matcha lemon muffins
These little green muffins are nutrient dense, flavorful, and perfectly sweet! This January we are consuming matcha everyday, because it's LOADED with antioxidants, boosts metabolism, and promotes healthy brain function. These muffins are a great way to get your daily matcha (and sweet tooth) fix!
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED FROM US TO GET STARTED
(makes 1 serving)
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. Matcha
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup Cotton Honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, or regular milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- juice of 1 lemon ( 1/4 cup of juice)
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
Lemon Drizzle (Optional)
- ½ cup Honey
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, matcha, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together milk, Cotton Honey, Mexican Vanilla, egg, oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined, but be careful not to over-stir. Over-stirring will result in tough, dense muffins.
- Add muffins liners to muffin tins or spray tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Distribute the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until fork comes out clean.
- Optional: For lemon drizzle, mix slightly warmed honey and lemon juice until desired consistency. Drizzle lightly over muffins!
Appease your sweet tooth.