INDULGE YOUR IMAGINATION & CREATIVITY BY ESTABLISHING SACRED RITUALS
Happy October, tea lovers! The air is getting chilly, leaves are displaying their vibrant orange and red hues, and a growing anticipation for the holiday season looms in the air. It is the perfect time to connect with nature as it goes through a transitional phase, spend time with family doing fall activities, and most importantly, take time to get in touch with yourself.
October is a rather mystical month and carries a tone of fantasy and creativity as it is; and that is why this month we are focusing on empowering and inspiring our creativity, intuition, and imagination through establishing sacred rituals in our lives. While outside sources can be beneficial to the spark of a creative or intuitive thought, we believe spending time alone, especially in nature, is a lost art that can bring out the most special things about our individuality.
Snuggle up, make a witch's brew of tea, and check out our tips to indulge your creativity & imagination this October.
TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF
Water, fire, earth, and air are the four main elements of nature. They each hold incredible energy and provide us with our most fundamental resources to not just survive, but thrive. Spending time with yourself and incorporating these already soul-fueling elements into that time can be energizing and satisfying. Each element of nature can guide us to connect with ourselves, while giving the mind a time to relax and reflect.
Water represents emotional release, intuition and inner reflection.
Water is also the element that symbolizes blood. Just like stagnant water, stagnant blood can cause disease and health issues. This is why good circulation is so vital to our health. Being near water can decrease levels of anxiety and depression, and increase well being and happiness.
TAKE SOME ALONE TIME TO REFLECT AND RELEASE THINGS THAT NO LONGER SERVE YOU WITH WATER. 💧
- Take a bath or shower: When a tense body enters a warm bath, the hot water increases the body temperature, and relaxes the muscles. Relaxing the muscles not only soothes us physically, but also mentally.
- Drink water: Drinking water consistently throughout the day is very important to your health. Drinking water carries nutrients and oxygen to your cells, levels blood pressure, and aids in digestion amongst many other things.
- Let it all out: Crying is the truest form of emotional release. Crying releases oxytocin and endogenous opioids, also known as endorphins. These feel-good chemicals help ease both physical and emotional pain. Crying actually relieves the body of toxins and hormones that contribute to elevated stress levels. In turn, this can help individuals sleep better and strengthen immunity.
- Diffuse: Using an essential oil diffuser or humidifier increases moisture in the air and prevents dryness of the skin, nose, throat, and lips and can alleviate seasonal allergies. The cool steam also offers visual and auditory therapeutic effects.
Fire represents energy, a tool for transformation, connection to personal power and inner strength.
Our love of sitting around a fire is deeply rooted in our evolutionary history. Stone Age humans relied on fire for light, heat, protection, and cooking, and it also encouraged our early ancestors to build social behaviors amongst each other. There is a reason we experience a trance-like relaxing effect when watching or sitting by a fire!
Our senses become absorbed in the experience, allowing our minds to fall into resting mode. Without even realizing it, our daily worries and stressful thoughts melt away, and our mind and body begin to relax as our blood pressure consequently drops. Often times, gatherings of people sitting around a fire will end up telling spooky or nostalgic stories. Soaking in the warmth and light of a fire causes the veil between what is right in front of us and what is beyond to lift. This can be an inspirational moment to do some journaling or art.
🔥 🔥 🔥
If you don't have access to a fire, light one of our triple scented candles and listen to the crackle of the wood wick or light some incense to get lost in the smoke.
Mountain Cactus Candle
Peppermint & Lemongrass Candle
White Tea & Ginger Candle
Earth represents grounding, the foundation of life and family roots.
Modern lifestyle has increasingly separated humans from the healing powers of the Earth. Some research suggests that this disconnect may be a major contributor to physiological dysfunction and unwellness of modern humans. Humans used to sit and sleep on the ground, and oftentimes walked barefoot, connecting to the energy of the Earth. Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits including better sleep and reduced pain from walking barefoot outside, or sitting, working, or sleeping outside on the ground. Some scientific evidence suggests that the influx of free electrons absorbed into the body through direct contact with the Earth likely neutralizes free radicals and thereby reduces acute and chronic inflammation.
While sleeping outside on the ground may not be practical in modern times, we can still incorporate "earthing" techniques into our own lives in a few easy ways.
HERE'S HOW TO GET GROUNDED
- Put your feet on the earth to ground yourself. Try walking around barefoot and soak up the earth's energy with every step.
- Sit in unconventional ways on the ground while doing activities like work or art. On your knees, criss cross, or just on your butt. This is a humbling experience and changes your perspective.
- Grounding with trees. Like us, it is said that trees have a positive response to human contact. This might be because in our evolutionary history, humans would have hunted the things that burrow into and damage trees. Want to connect to the earth: try hugging a tree. They like it.
HERE'S HOW TO EXPAND YOUR MIND AND ELEVATE YOUR CONNECTION TO NATURE WITH AIR
💨 💨 💨
- Fresh air generally has higher levels of oxygen (not to mention lower levels of pollution) than indoor air. When you have breaks during the day, go outside periodically to just breathe.
- The crisp autumn air is finally upon us! This is a perfect time to go on a morning or evening stroll through nature and let your lungs soak in that cooling air.
- Bring plants into the home to purify the air, or if you don't have a green thumb place an air purifier in your most used rooms.
- Practice focusing on your breath when you wake and before you go to sleep. Breathe in positivity and breath out your worries.
We hope you spend October seeking alone time to do some inner healing, creative thinking and honing in on your natural instincts.
Happy tea time friends!
Bring more green inside. 🪴
Prickly Pear Cactus Terracotta Hydro Grow Kit
Healing Aloe Terracotta Hydro Grow Kit
Desert Rose Bonsai Terracotta Hydro Grow Kit
Leave a comment