TRUFFLE POTATO BITES
made with your leftover mashed potatoes!
Mashed potatoes have been gracing us with their presence and people have fawned over them for generations. Year after year of holiday celebrations, grandmas all over the country still refuse to give anyone their secret mashed potato recipe and maybe there is a good reason for it. WE WOULD EAT THEM EVERY DAY! 😂
If you have some leftover mashed potatoes or plan to have some after the holiday season, keep this recipe in mind so you can have an excuse to keep the potato binge going. These Truffle Potato Bites feature none other than our Black Truffle Sea Salt and are complimented by fried cheesy goodness.
Check out this super easy & cheesy recipe below.
- 3 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs
- cooking oil of your choice (we used avocado oil)
- 1 cup shredded asiago or parmesan cheese
- a pinch or two of OBTC Black Truffle Sea Salt
- black pepper, to taste
Truffle is a wild mushroom that grows on the roots of certain trees: thankfully dogs and pigs are experts at sniffing them out! What would we do with out our 4 legged friends? 🐷
- In a mixing bowl combine cheese, eggs, Black Truffle Sea Salt, black pepper and leftover mashed potatoes. We love the Asiago cheese from Noisy Water Winery. ☺️
- Roll into tater-tot sized bites.
- Coat in bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with truffle aioli, red chile sauce, marinara or whatever dipping sauce you prefer! We used an oil based New Mexico red chile dipping sauce.
Not a truffle fan? Try this recipe with one of these spices instead.
sea salt, black pepper, cayenne, garlic, & New Mexican chile
garlic, onion, black pepper, & sea salt
basil, dill, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, savory, tarragon, & thyme
Leave a comment