TEA-SOAKED FRUIT CAKE
🍎 🌱 🍎
featuring Irish Pu Erh
To welcome Spring, we made a mouth watering tea-soaked fruit cake recipe that highlights the natural sweetness and textures of some colorful garden grown fruits, as well as the infusion of our tea of the month, Irish Pu Erh. This fruit cake is good to eat morning noon or night, and is the perfect Spring recipe for the season!
Check out the recipe below. ⬇︎
- 8 tsp. OBTC Irish Pu Erh
- 2 tsp. Mexican Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 tsp. OBTC Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 10 oz hot water
- 18 oz of mixed dried fruit
- 18 oz self rising flour
- 11.5 oz butter
- 9 oz super fine cane sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- Heat water in a pot and steep the 8 teaspoons of Irish Pu Erh with a diffuser for 10 minutes to make a very strong tea concentrate. Add the mixed dried fruit and stir well and leave to soak until the liquid is cold. If you leave the fruit to soak overnight this will infuse more of the tea flavor into the fruit.
- Once cool and infused, stir again and set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350◦ and grease and line a 9 inch springform cake pan.
- Place the flour and butter in a large bowl and use your fingers to rub the fat into the flour until evenly distributed and the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and Vietnamese Cinnamon then stir well.
- Add the eggs and the soaked fruit, along with the Mexican Vanilla Bean Paste and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into your cake pan and place in the oven and bake for around an hour or until the cake has risen, golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.