Herb of the Month Recipe:
🍋 lemon lavender cupcakes with violet buttercream 🍋
This month we are relishing in the beautiful warm weather and enjoying watching the spring life settle in. We are shining the spotlight on lavender this month because it is refreshing, lively and reminds us of a blooming herb garden. We created a scrumptious cupcake recipe featuring our beloved lavender that is perfectly sweet, simple and bright.
check out the recipe below
To celebrate all things fresh and lively this April, take 10% off of our Lavender Flowers this month only!
- ½ cup OBTC Lavender Flowers
- 1 pint vodka
- 1 pint mason jar
- Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lavender Extract
- violet food coloring
- OBTC Lavender Flowers
- Add ½ cup Lavender Flowers to mason jar.
- Add 1 pint of vodka.
- Leave it in the cabinet for 2-6 weeks.
- Strain and keep for as long as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow directions on the Duncan Hines Package to make the cupcakes.
- While mixing the wet ingredients, add in ⅓ cup of mayonnaise.
- Bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
- Cream butter and shortening together.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add violet food color until you have reached your perfect shade of purple.
- Add the milk, Mexican Vanilla Extract, and Lavender Extract.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. You can add more lavender extract or milk if needed.
OTHER SPRINGTIME GARDEN HERB SPICES