Meet Dana, the matriarch of this tea family!
Dana runs the ChariTEA program for OBTC. Each year during the month of October, we raise money for the American Cancer Society. This cause is close to Dana's heart because she is a 3 time cancer survivor.
Dana loves to drink white tea because white teas are super cancer fighters!
White tea is made from the Camellia sinensis tea plant, but is composed of mainly young tea buds. Therefore, the antioxidant content of white tea is highest of all traditional teas!
Dana believes living a preventative lifestyle is our strongest weapon in the fight against cancer.
Dana always encourages us to live a natural, healthy, and happy lifestyle to minimize our risk of developing cancer. Here is what she tells us…
1. Eat lots of veggies, cancer-fighting mushrooms like maitakes and shiitakes, and fruits rich in antioxidants.
2. Drink plenty of water and get adequate sleep: these are two foundational components of our overall wellness.
3. Choose an active lifestyle and maintain a healthy weight: most of all, get out in the sun and play!
4. Choose peace and adaptability, over stress and frustration. A mellow mind lends itself to a healthy body!
5. Check yourself: early detection is crucial. Schedule a self-exam in your monthly calendar or incorporate into your yoga practice. 🌸🌸
A daily white tea brew is another one of Dana's favorite ways to reduce risk of cancer. Her favorite white tea is White Peach, served iced and unsweetened.