The cultivation of beets dates all the way back to the 8th century B.C. in the Mediterranean. Throughout history, it has been used and is noted for supporting healthy blood, cardiovascular function, digestion, and even used as an aphrodisiac.
Beets are one of only a few plant foods that contain dietary nitrates. Nitrates convert into nitric oxide, a molecule that dilates blood vessels to help increase blood flow. The nitrates in beet root powder stimulates blood vessels in the brain and support healthy blood and oxygen supplies.
- Circulatory System
- Increase oxygen
- Into the respiratory system and muscles as well.
- Blood pressure
- Risk of heart attacks
- Heart failure
- Minerals & Vitamins
- High antioxidants
- Vitamin C
- High in fiber
- Prevents constipation
- Prevents inflammatory bowel disease
- Brain & Energy
- Improve athletic performance
- Increasing blood flow to the brain
- Improve blood flow to the frontal lobe of the brain (an area associated with higher-level thinking, such as decision making and working memory)
- Kidney inflammation
- Slightly sweet
Just one teaspoon of your average beet root powder is the equivalent of an entire beet.