apple bourbon smash
with irish apple tea & bourbon brew
🍂 🍎 🍂
Just in time for fall: a tea-cocktail with all of our favorite autumn flavors. This Apple Bourbon Smash features flavors like honeycrisp apple, honey and warm spices, as our tea blends Irish Apple and Bourbon Brew shine in the spotlight in this recipe. The pairing is blended with extra muddled apple, lemon, bourbon, Salt Cedar Honey and baking spices. It makes a great cocktail for any fall or holiday party and is reminiscent of a candy apple with a side of spirit.
BY THE WAY, CLUB MEMBERS: YOU GOT THIS TEA BLEND IN YOUR FALL SHIPMENT!
Irish Apple Pu Erh & Bourbon Brew
- ½ honeycrisp apple, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons OBTC Salt Cedar Honey
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces fresh lemon
- grated fresh nutmeg
- pinch ground cardamom
- apple slices and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- 4 tsp. OBTC Irish Pu Erh
- 4 tsp OBTC Bourbon Brew
1. Heat 8 oz of water and steep Irish Apple and Bourbon Brew tea together for 10 minutes. Add Salt Cedar Honey to tea while still warm. Cool concentrate in fridge.
2. In a cocktail shaker, muddle apple and honey until completely smashed and liquid is released.
3. Add bourbon, lemon juice, tea concentrate, a few grates of fresh nutmeg and a pinch of cardamom to shaker. Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled.
4. Fill glasses with ice and strain cocktail into glasses, garnish with fresh grated nutmeg, an apple slice, and a cinnamon stick, if desired.
THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED:
Leave a comment