green chile stew
with homemade tortilla chips
🔥 🔥 🔥
Green Chile Stew is an all-time favorite when the weather starts getting cooler in New Mexico. This stew recipe features roasted green chile and Hatch, NM Green Chile Powder. The soup is paired with crispy homemade tortilla chips seasoned with Dana's All Purpose seasoning - a family favorite of ours! When you grab a handful of these and crunch them over your soup, you'll fall instantly in love with this recipe.
- chicken thighs
- 1 small onion
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- avocado oil
- 1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes
- 16 oz of diced Hatch green chile
- OBTC Green Chile Powder
- salt, avocado, cheese and lime to garnish
- 10 corn tortillas
- OBTC Dana's All Purpose seasoning
- Add chicken thighs to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, shred and add back into the pot of water.
- Dice one small onion and 4-6 cloves of garlic. Sauté in avocado oil until translucent.
- Add one can of rotel tomatoes and diced green chile to your sauté. Stir all ingredients together while the pan is still warm but the heat is turned off.
- Add the contents of your sauté to the pot with the water and chicken.
- Season the stew with Green Chile Powder and salt to taste.
- Serve the stew in a large bowl and garnish with avocado, cheese, a lime wedge, and home made tortilla chips.
Home made Tortilla Chip Recipe Below.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Slice corn tortillas into strips.
- Drizzle avocado oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry tortilla strips in a pan with avocado oil until crispy-use medium heat to avoid burning the chips.
- Remove from the pan and season with Dana’s All Purpose seasoning.
More Spicy = More Cozy
THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED: