Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins
with turmeric, vanilla & honey
This homemade muffin recipe is easy to make and they are loaded with protein and fiber! Serve to your house guests during the holidays as an easy breakfast option or take them to your annual potluck at work! This recipe takes a spin on a classic banana bread recipe as flavors of banana, pumpkin and nutty goodness are complimented by our Vietnamese Cinnamon, Mexican Vanilla, and Mesquite Honey. These muffins and our tea of the month, Bourbon Brew & Pecan Pie, make an excellent pairing! 😉
Check out the recipe below
What you will need from us
- 2 mashed medium overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup OBTC Mesquite Honey
- 2 tsp. OBTC Mexican Vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. flax seed
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. OBTC Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. turmeric powder or OBTC Superfood Golden Milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- oats (to sprinkle the top of muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and prepare muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mashed bananas and eggs.
- Add in almond butter, apple sauce, almond extract, Mesquite Honey, and Mexican Vanilla. Stir until evenly blended.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, Vietnamese Cinnamon, turmeric, and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Add in pumpkin, walnuts, chia seeds and flax seed.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan and top each slot with a bit of oats.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Drizzle some Mesquite Honey on top when the muffins are fresh out of the oven and, if you absolutely need to, try one immediately. 🤤
Cold outside? Warm up from the inside.