with vanilla & honey
🤍 🍵 🤍 🍵 🤍
The bright neon green color of the matcha in this hot chocolate recipe seems perfectly ghostly and ghoulish, and makes for a comfortingly sweet treat on Halloween! Matcha is bright and earthy, and complements the rich cocoa powder, warm milk, Salt Cedar Honey, and Mexican Vanilla Extract in this recipe.
Prepare on Hallow's Eve to enjoy while handing out candy and watching classic spooky movies! Matcha is higher in caffeine, so beware. 🧛🏻♂️
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED FROM US TO GET STARTED
(makes 1 serving)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Matcha powder
- 2 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 oz of hot water
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Salt Cedar Honey
- 1/4 tsp. Mexican Vanilla Bean Extract
- 7 oz cup whole milk (or preferred milk of choice)
- whipped cream
- Place the Matcha and cocoa powder in a mug and whisk to combine. Gradually add the hot water and whisk until smooth. Add the salt, Salt Cedar Honey and Mexican Vanilla Extract and stir.
- Froth the milk and pour over the matcha/cocoa mixture in the mug. Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream!
More teas to make with frothed milk: