- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons Healthy Heart Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk (chilled)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, Healthy Heart Seasoning, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Rub butter and shortening into dry ingredients until the mixture looks like crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the chilled buttermilk. Stir just until the dough comes together - it’ll be very sticky!
- Turn dough onto a floured surface, dust top with flour and gently fold dough over on itself 5-6 times. Press into 1” thick rouch, cut out biscuits with 2” cutters, being sure to press straight down through the dough. Place biscuits on a baking sheet so that they just touch. Reform scrap dough, working it as little as possible and continue cutting.
- Bake until biscuits are tall and light gold on top, 15 to 20 minutes.