Chicken Tortilla Soup
made with our spice of the month
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 small can of green chile
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 tsp. NM All Purpose, or more if you like
- corn tortillas
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Drizzle your pan with avocado oil and cut your tortillas into strips. Fry strips on medium heat until they are golden brown. Remove strips from oil and sprinkle with Dana's All-Purpose Seasoning (to taste).
- Heat butter in a pot and add onion and jalapeño and sauté for about 5 minutes over medium heat or until onions are translucent. Add chopped green chile and garlic and sauté for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomato paste, corn, beans, broth, water, and NM All Purpose seasoning. Let the pot come to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add cream cheese and shredded chicken. Add extra seasoning if desired and garnish with cheddar cheese, avocado, cilantro, and tortilla strips!
Check out all of our chile spices for fall dishes