L A V E N D E R
🌿 calming & soothing 🌿
Lavender originates in the Mediterranean and after its discovery, it spread to many cultures and countries. It was highly regarded for its distinct aroma and its natural healing properties.
The Romans used lavender to scent their baths and hair, while Egyptians used it for embalming. Ancient Romans recognized lavender for its healing and antiseptic qualities, and the French used it as a protection against infection in the 16th century. Lavender oil was even used to dress war wounds during the World War I when medical antiseptics were in short supply! In modern times, we celebrate and use lavender for its instant calming and soothing properties to help promote sleep and to reduce tense or anxious feelings.
- Lavender has been recommended for people suffering from insomnia and other sleep disorders throughout history. People stuffed their pillows with lavender flowers to help them fall asleep and get a better night’s rest. This theory remains true today. Breathing in lavender’s aroma could improve sleep quality, so get your lavender tea or essential oil ready before bedtime!
- Lavender may also provide support for people with anxiety. In a large study in 2019, people with anxiety disorders who took 160-milligram lavender oil capsules experienced significant decreases in anxiety.
- Lavender has shown positive results in hair growth. Massaging an essential oil blend of rosemary, lavender and a carrier oil into the scalp has been shown to stimulate hair growth.
- When applied to the skin, lavender oils have shown positive results in helping with eczema, acne, sunburns and diaper rash. **Be sure to combine with a carrier oil when using topically.
- Drinking lavender tea twice per day, can decrease inflammation and boost immunity.
CALMING BLENDS WITH LAVENDER: