FRESH FISH WITH SERBIAN SPICE
clean, simple, and healthy
This simple and fresh fish recipe is inspired by the heritage of one of OBTC's owners, Nenada. Serbian Blend, was created to emulate the flavors of a popular Eastern European herb blend, which Nenada grew up enjoying on everything! This savory seasoning is made with vegetables and herbs that are often collected from a garden. Traditional to Serbian culture, this blend pairs well with many chicken, rice, and fish dishes.
Check out this easy & healthy fish dish. ⬇
What you will need from us
Carrots, onion, tomato, spinach, celery, bell peppers, turmeric, garlic, sea salt, and parsley.
Garlic, onion, black pepper, and sea salt.
- 4 white fish fillets, about 6 inches long, 1-inch thickness (cod, halibut, or mahi would work well.)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- juice and zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus extra to taste
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tsp. Serbian Spice
- 2 tsp. Thirteenth Wonder
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- freshly chopped basil or parsley leaves for garnish
- extra lemon slices for serving
- Use paper towels to thoroughly pat-dry excess moisture from fish fillets. This step is important for fish to brown nicely and absorb flavor in the pan! Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice and zest and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Taste and add a bit more kosher salt if desired.
- In a separate bowl, combine Serbian Blend, Thirteenth Wonder and ground pepper. Evenly press spice mixture onto all sides of fish fillets.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat up the olive oil until hot. Once your oil is sizzling, cook 2 fish fillets at a time. Cook each side just until fish feels somewhat firm in the center and is browned. Lightly drizzle some of the lemon butter sauce as you cook, reserving the rest for serving.
- Serve fish with with remaining lemon butter sauce, parsley and lemon wedges.
- Pair with baked asparagus and a bed of rice
Check out more fresh spices for springtime meals.