SLEEP MORE. WORRY LESS.
DON'T BE ASHAMED: SLEEP IS YOUR SECRET WEAPON
While the old guard of the professional world stood firm behind efforts to avoid rest for the sake of productivity, studies are proving that sleep is just what we need to be our most productive, creative, and highest contributing selves.
Sleep, of course, keeps you physically healthy, but it also primes our brain for logical reasoning and problem solving, innovation and creativity, and collaborative and pro-social behavior.
You're going to do great this week: kick it into gear this Monday by practicing these sleep habits:
THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL RECOMMENDS:
- Be consistent: commit to your sleep routine! Choose a bedtime and wake up time (allowing for 8-9 hours of sleep) that you can follow on weekdays AND weekends.
- Make sure your bedroom is cool, dark, quiet, and comfortable. The ideal temperature for bedtime is between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Avoid using electronics in the bedroom - including TVs, computers, and phones.
- Avoid heavy meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bed - you don't want your body to be busy metabolizing when it is supposed to be resting. Try giving yourself at least 3 hours to digest before getting into bed.
- Exercise during the day - especially outdoors in natural light.
OUR FAVORITE BEDTIME PRODUCTS:
Knockout P.M. Tincture
Wind down with a cup of hot tea. It's magic for your body and mind.