New Mexico is notable for miles of untamed desert, fire red sunsets, and, of course, Mexican food! If you've ever spent time in New Mexico, you know New Mexicans take food, and Hatch grown chile, very seriously. We put it on EVERYTHING!
There is just no flavor that compares to New Mexican grown chile - it is even spelled different than other peppers ("chile" not "chili"). New Mexico chile is smoky, earthy, and slightly sweet. Once you've tried it there is no going back - Hatch chile is something you'll always crave!
Share a New Mexico inspired dinner with your loved ones! We have some ideas for you!
CHECK IT OUT ⬇︎
- Make a rue with avocado oil and flour.
- Combine 1/2 to 1 full tin of Red Chile Powder with 2 cups of water, and add to your rue.
- Season with Thirteenth Wonder Seasoning, NM All Purpose Seasoning, and a sprinkle of dried Mexican oregano (optional).
- Bring to a soft boil stirring frequently.
- In a separate frying pan, heat avocado oil and add diced onions, sliced yellow squash, sliced zucchini, and fresh corn. You can also add chopped green chile if you like an additional kick! Sauté all ingredients until onions are translucent, and season with Dana's All-Purpose Seasoning.
- Add corn tortillas to the bottom of a baking pan and cover with your red chile sauce, a thin layer of sautéed veggies, and cheese (we love to use the Chimayo Cheese from Noisy Water Winery for enchiladas).
- Bake at 375 degrees until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Serve with chopped lettuce, tomato, and Crema (Mexican sour cream).
Seasonings to Capture that NM Flavor 🌶
- Steep our tea of the month, Wild Strawberry & Berry, with a generous amount of Mesquite Honey and allow to cool.
- Combine with red wine and fruit pieces - we love to use strawberries, blackberries, apples, and oranges.
- Add a splash of Ginger Ale and garnish with fresh ginger.
- Steep Horchata Rooibos with Wildflower Honey and allow to chill.
- Add cream - we like to use extra creamy oat milk.
- Serve on ice with a cinnamon powder and a dash of vanilla extract (optional).
Set the mood with Mariachi music. Look up the Tiny Desk concert for Flor De Toloache - you won't be disappointed!