Spice of the Month Recipe:
AFRICAN SPICE ROASTED BEETS
We are celebrating how awesome it is to be a part of a community. How it feeds our sense of belonging, and how it feeds our innate desire to socialize and connect with others. There's nothing better than a summer time backyard bbq get together, and this African Spice recipe certainly brings a perfect balance of heat and a touch of sweet to a veggie side.
red peppers, cayenne, New Mexico chile, garlic, paprika, coriander, cumin, sea salt, and spearmint
check out this super simple and quick recipe below
- 2 tsp. OBTC African Spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 3 beets
- Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- Wash and cut your beets into small cubes or rectangles, about ½ inch thick.
- Place beets into a large bowl. Liberally sprinkle the beets with OBTC African Spice, salt, and pepper.
- Pour enough olive oil to evenly coat the beets. Toss the beets with all the ingredients.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the most thick piece.
- Sprinkle with a creamy cheese and dill if desired
Get creative! Add the roasted beets to a salad or quinoa. (We like to add the beets to a salad with leftover beet greens! Throw in blueberries and/or strawberries, cashews, some lemon, red wine vinegar, and red onion, and you have yourself a delicious and filling salad!)
OTHER 🔥 SPICY 🔥 SPICES