For those of you that know our family, you know we LOVE food! We especially love to see how other cultures enjoy food and prepare meals. While American dishes tend to have many ingredients, complex flavors, and are usually in some capacity fusion, we love the simplicity and indulgent nature of authentic Italian dishes which tend to rely heavily on the quality of the ingredients vs the complexity of the flavor. This very simple pasta dish is inspired by the small, family-owned Italian restaurants we've visited when traveling through Italy but it has a distinct OBTC twist: it is made with Tea Seed Oil!
- Pasta of you choice (we used Orecchiette)
- Tea Seed Oil infused with Rosemary & Sencha Green Tea
- Choice of hard cheese (we love Asiago from Noisy Water Winery)
- Fresh basil
- OBTC HIMALAYAN PINK SEA SALT
- OBTC MIXED PEPPERCORNS
- Cook pasta until Al-Dente.
- Toss pasta in Tea Seed Oil.
- Shred a generous amount of hard cheese on pasta.
- Top with fresh basil (we used purple basil because it's just so pretty), sea salt, and pepper- all to taste!
- Serve hot or chill to serve as pasta salad!
- Enjoy with a glass of red wine or Pomegranate Green Tea!