Hatch, New Mexico
🌶 RED CHILE POWDER 🌶
SPICE OF THE MONTH
In February we celebrate love and all things spicy 😉 so we are kicking up the heat and featuring our Hatch, New Mexico Red Chile Powder this month. Old Barrel Tea Co. started in New Mexico, so chile has a special place in our hearts, because we put it on literally everything.
The small town of Hatch, New Mexico is the Chile Capitol of the world and our whole state is proud of this magical and spicy crop.
Check out our Red Chile Recipe below.
To celebrate our love for the Land of Enchantment, take 10% off Red Chile Powder this month only!
🌶 🍫 RED CHILE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE 🌶 🍫
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 4 Tbsp. water, divided
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup OBTC Mesquite Honey
- 2 tsp. OBTC Hatch Red Chile Powder, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder
- ⅛ tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. OBTC Mexican Vanilla Bean Extract
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- Sprinkle gelatin over 2 tbsp. water in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine cocoa, Mesquite Honey, Hatch Red Chile Powder, espresso powder, and salt in a large saucepan. Whisk in egg, then milk. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until steaming and just beginning to thicken, (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and immediately whisk in the softened gelatin, chocolate, and Mexican Vanilla Extract. Stir until the chocolate is melted and fully incorporated.
- Beat egg whites, brown sugar, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed just until firm peaks form.
- Stir one-fourth of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold in the remaining egg whites until fully incorporated. Spoon the mousse into 8 dessert glasses or cups.
- Chill the mousse until set, at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with Hatch Red Chile Powder.
Leave a comment