cooling & calming
Peppermint was cultivated as early as the 13th century and ancient Romans were some of the first connoisseurs. It was commonly used to flavor wines and food, and noblewomen were known to braid it into crowns to wear on their heads (highly recommend).
Peppermint is beloved for it's invigorating flavor but it is also a medicinal powerhouse. It has a natural cooling effect, and has been used to soothe nausea, stomach aches and even insomnia for thousands of years. 💤
- Peppermint has been shown to relax muscles in your digestive system and improve various digestive issues like upset stomach and nausea.
- Peppermint can reduce headaches and migraines (and even sooth hangover symptoms).
- Peppermint tea, which contains peppermint oil, can improve bad breath, which is why we love peppermint tea before bed and first thing in the morning.
- Peppermint can unclog your sinuses, helping you breathe better and feel clearer.
- Peppermint can stimulate cognitive function and is a popular study buddy as it improves focus and mental alertness.
Check out our popular peppermint blends:
Leave a comment