Meet Dana, the matriarch of our family and a 3-time cancer survivor:
Living a healthy and preventative lifestyle has always been a core value for our tea company. This fundamental idea, of living happily and healthily to prevent disease, has been passed down by Dana to our family, and is at the heart of every Old Barrel Tea Company creation. Nourishing your body with healthy habits and medicine that nature provides is a timeless practice that deepens your relationship with yourself, as well as with Mother Earth. Embracing natural prevention is a way of life that makes us feel better all the time, and doesn't come with negative side effects.
A LITTLE EXTRA DOSE OF ANTIOXIDANTS
White tea is one of the strongest cancer fighters! It is also Dana's favorite tea. White tea is made from the Camellia sinensis tea plant, but is composed of mainly young tea buds. Therefore, the antioxidant content of white tea is highest of all traditional teas! Antioxidants fight free radicals, which are compounds in your body that are linked to diseases, like cancer, and cause cellular damage, premature aging, and illness. While antioxidants naturally occur in your body, it doesn't hurt to call in the white tea-reinforcements!
CHECK OUT THESE LOVELY & DELICATE WHITE TEAS!
🤍 🤍 🤍
Dana believes living a preventative lifestyle is our strongest weapon in the fight against cancer. Here are her tips for living preventatively:
- Eat lots of veggies, cancer-fighting mushrooms like maitakes and shiitakes, and fruits rich in antioxidants, like dark berries and grapes.
- Drink plenty of water and get adequate sleep: these are two foundational components of our overall wellness.
- Choose an active lifestyle and maintain a healthy weight: most of all, get out in the sun and play!
- Choose peace and adaptability over stress and frustration. A mellow mind lends itself to a healthy body!
- Check yourself: early detection is crucial. Schedule a self-exam in your monthly calendar or incorporate into your yoga practice. 🌼 🌼
MORE NATURAL CANCER FIGHTING GOODIES:
We hope your day is wholesome and sweet!