- ½ cup OBTC LAVENDER FLOWERS
- 1 pint Vodka
- 1 pint Mason Jar
- Duncan Hines Lemon Cake Mix
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup salted butter (softened)
- ½ cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Lavender Extract
- Violet icing
- OBTC LAVENDER FLOWERS
- Add ½ cup Lavender Flowers to Mason Jar.
- Add 1 pint of Vodka.
- Leave it in the cabinet for 2-6 weeks.
- Strain and keep for as long as needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow directions on the Duncan Hines Package to make the cupcakes.
- While mixing the wet ingredients, add in ⅓ cup of mayonnaise.
- Bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes.
- Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
- Cream butter and shortening together.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add violet icing until you have reached your perfect shade of purple.
- Add the milk, Mexican Vanilla Extract, and Lavender Extract.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. You can add more lavender extract or milk if needed.