green chile stew
made with our hatch, nm green chile
It's officially stew season and this recipe is always a must this time of year. Whether you are a football fan or just love the cool weather, green chile stew never disappoints. Our Hatch, New Mexico Green Chile Powder shines in the spotlight of this recipe and blends with flavors of chicken, onion, and garlic. Topped with fresh corn tortilla chips, lime, and cilantro, this recipe is one that will please the crowd.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED FROM US:
- half a rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 large russet potato
- 1/2 yellow minced onion
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Thirteenth Wonder to taste
- 3-4 Tbsp. Green Chile Powder (or more to taste)
- fresh lime, cilantro, and corn chips, for serving
- In a medium pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bouillon to the pot and cook while stirring occasionally until softened and starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Add the chicken broth, Thirteenth Wonder, Green Chile Powder, and chopped potatoes to the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until potatoes are done.
- Add the chicken, stir in the corn and let everything cook on a gentle simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with lime, cilantro, and crushed corn chips.
Check out these New Mexican inspired tea blends: