Golden Milk Vanilla Latte
warm ∙ sweet spice ∙ comforting
Get your golden hour on by practicing just one hour a day of self care where you take the time to reflect on the day and just sit in peaceful bliss. This Superfood Golden Milk recipe is the perfect companion to practice your golden hour with, as it is warm, comforting and incredibly good for your health. The warm cinnamon, cocoa powder, and black pepper in the Golden Milk blend beautifully with the sweet notes of Vanilla Bean honey and Mexican Vanilla Extract, while the coconut oil adds a smooth touch.
The History of Golden Milk
Originating in India, this ancient recipe has been used for hundreds of years and a typical golden milk recipe includes turmeric infused milk with spices, such as cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom and others. The drink has a history of being used to aid many ailments, including colds, coughs, inflammation and restlessness.
- 2 tsp. OBTC Superfood Golden Milk
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 tsp. OBTC Vanilla Bean Honey
- 1/2 tsp. OBTC Mexican Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- Set a small saucepan over low heat. Add the almond milk, Vanilla Bean honey, Superfood Golden Milk and blend with a whisk until combined.
- Bring to steaming. Keep just below a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the Mexican Vanilla and coconut oil. Taste and add additional honey if desired.
- Use a frother to froth the blend, if desired. Pour into a mug and spoon the froth over the top. Sprinkle with additional spices on top like cardamom and extra cinnamon if desired.
THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED: