Happy Valentine's Day! 💖
Typically, Valentine's Day is all about showering another person with love. But we highly recommend starting the day by showing yourself some love! Even if you've only got 15 minutes to spare, a self-care morning ritual can change your entire perspective and mood.
Try this you little love bug. You deserve to feel good. ⬇
1. Begin your day by doing some gentle stretching in bed. You don't need a formal yoga routine to get that blood flowing and your body loosened up. Just do what feels good.
2. Resist reaching for your phone for the first hour of being awake. Did you know that about 80% of people scroll on their phone within the first 15 minutes of waking up? Doing so increases stress and anxiety, and your time and attention are pretty much hijacked. Instead of scrolling, simply visualize how your day will go. Give yourself unfiltered alone time to plan on having a happy and healthy day. Soak in the solitude.
3. Set the scene for your morning ritual by smudging, lighting candles, opening the curtains/blinds, or setting a fire in the fireplace. Create an environment that says the morning is a time to feel at ease. Diffuse mood boosting essential oils in the shower, turn on relaxing music or simply, and brew your favorite cup of tea.
4. Make time for inspiration. Reserve a little time each morning to read a few pages out of an uplifting book, to journal about your goals and gratitudes, or to listen to a podcast that boosts your motivation and energy. The content you consume shapes how you think. Choose wisely!
5. Enjoy the process of your morning routine. Whether you're making tea, cooking breakfast, or doing your hair, focus on and enjoy each step. If brewing tea, listen to the water boil, soak in the aromas, and warm your hands on the hot mug.
Try these calming and soothing herbal blends.
6. Use essential oils to rub into your temples, hands or on your feet. Be present and breathe in the healing aromas. Use this opportunity to stretch out any tight or sore muscles, or simply close your eyes and be in the moment.
Journal, meditate, get some sun on your face. Whatever makes you feel content and at peace, give yourself that. PRO TIP: If you simply just can't dedicate any extra time for yourself in the morning, incorporate some self love into your everyday things. Listen to a positive audiobook or podcast on the way to work!
Take care of yourself friend. You deserve to feel good.
Leave a comment