DIY ALLERGY SOOTHING BALM
with our essential oil blend of the month
Decongest and promote easy breathing this season. ✨ ✨ ✨
damp earth ∙ garden herb ∙ bright citrus
Ever wanted to capture the scent of rain in a bottle? This essential oil combination does just that! This combination is clarifying with an invigorating menthol aroma, and is an ideal decongestant and cooling agent for the body.
DIY ALLERGY SOOTHING BALM ⬇
All three of the essential oils used to make this balm are antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial. Use this balm to soothe runny noses, headaches, and coughs.
THINGS YOU NEED:
(makes 2-4 small balm tins)
- 5 drops of Peppermint EO
- 5 drops of Lemongrass EO
- 5 drops of Eucalyptus EO
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa butter or shea butter
- 1 Tbsp. beeswax pastilles
- In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax in a heat resistant container with a pouring spout. A glass measuring cup with spout would work.
- Add the drops of essential oils and stir until runny and completely melted.
- Pour into tins or small jars.
- Let sit on the counter until set.
- Keep in cool environment and rub under nose, on the chest, and on your temples when you feel allergies or a cold coming on!
HOW TO CLEAN OFF WAX:
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover item being cleaned.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Place item in the boiling water.
- Boil until the beeswax melts.
- Remove it from the water and immediately wipe off with a paper towel. Be very careful.
- If it still feels waxy wipe down with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Then wash with hot, soapy water.
- DO NOT POUR WAX DOWN DRAINS.
Check out these easy-breathing, sinus-relieving teas.