orange cream whiskey sour
inspired by the dreamsicle
This tea cocktail recipe takes a unique spin on a whiskey sour because it is made with a tea that tastes like a dreamsicle! Sweetened with an Orange Cream Popsicle simple syrup, made with our Orange Blossom honey and shaken with an egg white, this cocktail is creamy, tangy and captures that summertime sweet treat flavor we all love.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED FROM US:
(makes 1 drink)
- 1-2 oz bourbon depending on how strong you like it
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup Orange Blossom honey
- 3 tsp. Orange Cream Popsicle Tea
- 1 oz juice from a fresh squeezed orange
- 1 egg white
- big ice cube
- Add Orange Cream Popsicle tea to a cup (without an infuser) and add hot water. Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain tea, add Orange Blossom honey, and stir until dissolved to make a syrup. Set syrup in the fridge to cool.
- In a cocktail shaker, rigorously shake the Orange Cream Popsicle simple syrup, bourbon, orange juice, and egg white for at least 20 seconds.
- Add ice and shake for another 20 seconds.
- Strain over a large ice cube into your glass and garnish with a long orange twist and a cherry.
more fruity fresh blends that make great cocktails: