caramel apple sangria
with apple empanada tea
🧡 🍎 🧡 🍎 🧡
If you are craving all things autumn, this tea cocktail should satisfy! Fall officially begins this month and that means apples are in season! Our Apple Empanada tea shines in the spotlight of this recipe with flavors of sweet pastry, crisp apple and subtle cinnamon. This decadent blend makes an incredible caramel apple sangria.
Sweetened with our Salt Cedar Honey that has flavors of malted beer and hickory, this cocktail tastes like a caramel apple and is perfect to make in a big batch for a gathering of friends. 🍂
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED FROM US TO GET STARTED
(makes 10 servings)
- 15 tsp. OBTC Apple Empanada Tea
- 6 cups of water
- 4-5 Tbsp. OBTC Salt Cedar Honey
- 1 cup plain vodka
- 1 bottle mild white wine (we recommend using the Uncle Dick's Sweet Apple Wine or Don't Tell Mamma Dry Apple Wine from Noisy Water Winery, depending on sweetness preference)
- 2 medium apples, cored and chopped
- In a tea infuser, add 3 tsp. of Apple Empanada tea and and infuse into your 1 cup of vodka overnight. For a stronger concentrate, steep vodka for 2 days in the fridge.
- Remove infuser and add Salt Cedar Honey. Stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Add your remaining 12 tsp. of Apple Empanada tea to an infuser and steep in 6 cups of boiling water for 20 minutes. Our Flash Iced Tea Maker comes in handy here. Remove infuser after steeping and set in fridge to cool.
- In a large pitcher, or in the Iced Tea Maker, stir your wine, infused vodka and tea concentrate together.
- Add chopped apples to the pitcher or to individual glasses and over ice.
MORE APPLE TEAS FOR YOU: