BLOOD ORANGE WHISKEY SOUR
🍊 tart blood orange
🍯 sweet honey
💛 smooth vanilla
This Blood Orange Whiskey Sour is a refined adult-juice beverage that shocks your tongue on the first sip and keeps you coming back for more. Warm spices and herbs meet tart fruit, creating a perfectly balanced tea-cocktail.
The tangy and sour flavors of the Blood Orange tea are complemented by vibrant and citrusy notes of lemon, as frothy egg whites add texture and depth. The combination is sweetened with our Orange Blossom Honey and Vanilla Extract, and is topped off with Angostura Bitters, a concentrated bitter made of herbs and spices with extracts of grasses, roots, leaves and fruits dissolved in alcohol. It is ideal for balancing alcoholic drinks and cleansing the palate.
- 1/2 oz OBTC Blood Orange tea concentrate
- 3/4 oz OBTC Orange Blossom Honey simple syrup
- 1 tsp. OBTC Mexican Vanilla Extract
- half a shot of whiskey
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- angostura Bitters
- Pour whiskey into an ice mold and freeze into one large cube, or multiple small cubes.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, simple syrup, egg white and tea concentrate to a cocktail shaker or mason jar with 1 cup of ice. Shake thoroughly for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture over whiskey ice cubes
- Put 3-6 drops of bitters on top and garnish with orange peel and an orange slice.
Blood Orange Tea Concentrate:
- 5 tsp. Blood Orange Tea
- 3/4 cup of water.
- Steep for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Honey Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup of Orange Blossom Honey
- Heat honey and water in a small saucepan while mixing for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool.
THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED:
Leave a comment