P∙R∙I∙C∙K∙L∙Y P∙E∙A∙R M∙I∙M∙O∙S∙A∙S
with prickly pear green tea, eucalyptus honey and fresh cranberries
Mimosas are a staple cocktail of brunches, and are the ideal drink to kickstart a leisurely morning (Christmas morning here we come!). This mimosa tea-cocktail takes a spin on the classic orange juice and champagne recipe, but adds a fun twist with one of our favorite southwest-inspired green teas, Prickly Pear. Flavors of hibiscus and pear compliment the sparkling wine as notes of zingy lime, fresh cranberry, and mellow Eucalyptus Honey add a delicate touch.
WHAT YOU NEED FROM US:
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 bottle of champagne or sparkling wine (we like sparkling from Noisy Water Winery)
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4 tsp. Prickly Pear Tea
- 2 Tbsp. Eucalyptus Honey
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 12 fresh cranberries
- 4 small sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Brew your Prickly Pear tea in 8 oz of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Sweeten Prickly Pear tea concentrate with Eucalyptus Honey. Chill in fridge.
- Line champagne flutes with lime and dip the rims in sugar.
- Pour 1/4 cups of chilled tea concentrate into 4 flutes and top with champagne.
- Use a toothpick to poke a hole through cranberries. Thread rosemary skewer through cranberries and garnish mimosas.
MORE JUBILANT TEAS TO MAKE MIMOSAS WITH: