STRAWBERRY MOJITO WITH PRICKLY PEAR
Subtle tanginess. Sweet melon. Bright herbs.
It is getting HOT outside, and that just means we need to make more tea-cocktails to cool off in the summer sun! This Strawberry Mojito with Prickly Pear recipe gives us all the poolside lounging vibes because it is fresh, sweet and adorably pink.
The peppermint, strawberry and hibiscus flavors of the Strawberry Mojito Tea are complemented by earthy and sweet notes of green tea and pear in the Prickly Pear Tea. The pairing is blended with our Prickly Pear Jelly made from the fruit of the Nopal cactus.
- 1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 12 mint leaves
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 4 ounces light rum
- 4 tsp. OBTC Strawberry Mojito Tea
- 4 tsp. OBTC Prickly Pear Tea
- 2 tbsp. Prickly Pear Jelly
- Heat water to 175 degrees and steep Strawberry Mojito and Prickly Pear tea together in 8 oz of the heated water for 5 mins. Cool concentrate in fridge
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle strawberries, mint leaves, Prickly Pear Jelly and lime juice with a muddler.
- Mix in tea concentrate and shake until evenly combined
- Pour in two glasses over ice (equal amounts). Add 2 ounces of rum to each glass and garnish with a strawberry, lime wedge and/or mint sprig if desired.
- If you want the frozen version, just combine all ingredients with ice in a blender!