Inspiration: Father’s Day Dinner/Getting out the Grill for Summer
- 4 pounds of chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 4-5 tsp. of African Spice, or more if desired
INGREDIENTS FOR HONEY BBQ
- ⅓ cup of hot sauce of your choice, just not too sweet
- 1 cup of Salt Cedar Honey
- a few tsp of water to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Use paper towels to pat the wings dry and place them in a large bowl. It's important to dry them REALLY well!
- Combine the African Spice and baking powder in a small bowl. Then sprinkle the seasoning over the wings, tossing to evenly coat.
- Arrange wings, skin side up, on prepared wire rack.
- Bake on the upper middle oven rack, turning every 20 minutes until wings are crispy and browned. The total cook time will depend on the size of the wings but may take up to 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer wings to bowl and toss with honey bbq.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HONEY BBQ
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat stir together all sauce ingredients. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature before adding to wings (or prepare the sauce ahead of time and refrigerate).